The division of Interventional Radiology offers a complete interventional service for both outpatient and inpatient diagnostic and therapeutic procedures. All procedures are performed by experienced, fellowship-trained radiologists.
An angiography is an x-ray of an artery or arteries in the body. In order to actually see the arteries, a special dye, referred to as a contrast dye, is injected through the artery. Once the dye is flowing through the artery, an x-ray can be taken to determine whether or not blood is flowing normally through the vessel.
• Angioplasty and stent
• Dialysis graft assessment/treatment
• Fiducial marker placement for lung or other tumors
• Gastric tube placement
• Hepatobiliary system access
• Indwelling catheters (PICC lines)
• Percutaneous nephrostomy
• Radiofrquency ablation of tumors